LOST GIRL’S ANNA SILK IS EAGER TO REUNITE WITH CAST MATES AND MEET FANS AT CLEXACON 2018 | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Anna Silk » Media
jodie sullivan Admin
jodie sullivan Mar 24 '18
Source: http://www.thetvjunkies.com/clexacon-anna-silk-interview/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter 

Bridget Liszewski
Showcase

Showcase

Well go ahead and count Lost Girl star Anna Silkamong those getting ready to party in Las Vegas! Yes, the countdown is officially on for the second annual ClexaCon. The multifandom event for LGBTQ women and allies will be held April 5-9 at the Tropicana in Las Vegas, and Silk is planning on joining in the festivities this year. ClexaCon celebrates positive LGBTQ representation in the media and aims to bring together diverse content creators and fans. Silk, known for her starring role as Bo on Lost Girl, a succubus who was learning to control her supernatural abilities, will take part in multiple events over the weekend.

“I am thrilled to be a part of ClexaCon this year,” the New Brunswick native told The TV Junkiesbefore adding that “it’s important now more than ever to celebrate women and the LGBTQ community.” Silk said the event also serves as the perfect vehicle for her to say “a big thank you to all the fans over the years.”

A big highlight of ClexaCon is sure to be a Lost Girl reunion panel featuring Silk along with cast mates Zoie Palmer, Rachel Skarsten, Emmanuelle Vaugier, Erica Lutrell, executive producer Vanessa Piazza and showrunner Emily Andras. “Getting together on a panel to discuss the show and the relationships on the show as a group is always fun,” said Silk. “We all have such a shared love of the show and the characters we played,” so she said the reunion “makes for a special opportunity to reconnect about our love of it and of each other.” This reunion also includes the fans says Silk because “I certainly miss many things about the show—the cast and crew of course, but also the magic created by so many wonderful people, and that includes the fans.”

Showcase

Showcase

Not only will Silk be participating in the large Lost Girl reunion panel, autographs and photo opportunities with fans, but she’ll also be on a special Doccubus and Valkubus panel with Skarsten and Palmer. The actresses, who played Bo’s former love interests, will join Silk to discuss Lauren and Tamsin’s affections for Bo. For Silk, it’s another chance to discuss a topic near and dear to her heart. “The LGBTQ representation on our show is always something I have been most proud of,” she told us. She went on to explain that “for Bo, it’s just who she was—without apology or explanation. It’s so important to see women owning exactly who they are.”

Lost Girl was also well known for giving its central couple, Bo and Lauren, a much deserved happy ending. “Bo and Lauren were meant to be together, period,” said Silk. The ending was also so important because the show ended in 2016 when so many queer characters on screen were being killed off or falling on hard times. Bo and Lauren’s ending “was the right choice and I was so happy with how that aspect of our show ended,” said Silk. She went on to explain that “Bo is going to live a lot of life — the precious time Lauren is here should see them together as the amazing couple they are.”

While many Lost Girl fans are eager to see Silk back on their TV screens, the actress will only tease that fans should “stay tuned” for future projects. She’s very excited though about ClexaCon and the chance to interact with fans. “I love the fan experience at cons. I get to meet so many people all wanting to share a story or a moment where they were touched or inspired by Bo. I can completely relate to them, as I was always inspired by her too. People really share a lot with me and I feel honored to be in that position.”

Are you attending ClexaCon 2018? Excited to see Silk and the Lost Girl reunion? Sound off below!

ClexaCon 2018 will be held April 5-9 at the Tropicana in Las Vegas. For more information visit their website.

The Forum post is edited by jodie sullivan Mar 24 '18